Cover Story: Mystery
I love the smart, snappy voice in this series, as well as the way Lou is feminine and tough at the same time. Alex Morrow Still Midnight , Gods and Beasts and three other novels by Denise Mina This female detective is a bit different to the others on this list in several ways. Alex is smart, angry, and compelling. This Holmes has retired from detection and spends his time beekeeping.
Mary becomes his apiarist apprentice as well as detecting in this inventive series. Holmes is a supporting character here, and Mary — smart, observant, fiercely feminist — is every bit as good a detective as her more famous patron. You can practically feel the biting Copenhagen winter as Smilla, a former scientist and current brooding loner, investigates the death of her six-year-old neighbour Isaiah.
The police think he fell off a roof, but the footprints in the snow tell Smilla a different story. Facebook Twitter Pinterest.
Topics Crime fiction Top 10s. Fiction Thrillers features.
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency canceled but
Reuse this content. Order by newest oldest recommendations. By Alexander Mccall Smith.
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
- The Adventures of Maud West, Lady Detective Book Reviews | Books in the Media.
- Top 10 female detectives in fiction.
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?
- Fiery Love Poems - Wild & Raw! (Forbidden Euphoria Book 3)!
- Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate.
- Because of the Moon.
THE NO. A beguiling mystery and lyrical novel of Africa -- the fourth in a series that the L.
Matekoni -- and many satisfied customers. But life is never without its problems. He was born in what is now known as Zimbabwe and taught law at the University of Botswana.
He lives in Scotland. I no longer wanted to read about Mma Ramotswe: I wanted to be her.
- Best of British Mystery Series - IMDb!
- Again Up to you!.
- How To Clean Your Home...Improve Your Technique...Cleaning Doesnt Have To Be A Bitch Of A Job.
- Bibliography of hookworm disease;
- Capital Account Liberalization: Theoretical and Practical Aspects (Occasional Paper (International Monetary Fund));
With more than a touch of whimsy, Alexander McCall Smith filters his sometime homeland of Southern Africa through the Agatha Christie medium, and emerges triumphant…. She makes me feel good. She is an oasis of calm in my hectic world.